Hints on How to Plan Your Medical Trip
Unless you have traveled before for your medical treatments you probably don't realize just how inexpensive all medical services are outside the United States and Europe . This is an opportunity for you to receive various treatments and make your trip even more cost effective. Here is a list to help you get the most out of your medical trip.
- Start by making a list of everything you would like to or need to have done no matter how small. Put them in order of importance.
- The cost of medications here is substantially less expensive. Put a list together of any prescription medications or non prescription medications that you or your family need. Most medicine is sold without a prescription, but in the case you do need a prescription we can help you receive one here.
- If your family members are traveling with you do they need anything? (E.g. braces, crowns, LASIK etc)
- Many women and some men have decided to travel with a group of their friends who all receive medical services. (Mostly plastic surgery) This concept has a lot of benefits. Traveling with your friends is always more fun than alone and can lower the costs. There is a beautiful hotel that has a penthouse with separate bungalows that is ideal for a group or you can rent an apartment.
- Remember this can be a vacation too. On a Caribbean island there is so much to see and do. Find out about any tours you would like to go on or places you want to see while you're here. Depending upon your procedure you may need to plan a couple days before or after for sightseeing.
- The entire island is duty free and has some amazing shopping. You may want to bring an empty suitcase if you plan on a lot of shopping
Many people who visit Isla Margarita buy a summer home or investment real estate here. If this is something that interests you, contact Margarita Dream Homes, they specialize in helping foreigners buy real estate. Depending on your procedure, you many need to schedule a couple days before or after for looking at properties.
Important things to keep in mind
- You will need a passport, so start the process early. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. You can have your passport sooner using express services, but it is more expensive, click here to download printable passport aplication.
- You may need to contact your physician to obtain your medical records. If you need to send SSI the copy of your X-rays We recomend "Superior Imaging Services" , for more information about their services, prices and contact information, click here.
- Depending on your procedure you may need follow-up care once you are home. It is best to find the doctor of your choice before your arrival to ensure proper communication between the doctors before and after your care.
- You will most likely need to exchange money here. You will receive the best exchange rate for cash. Travelers checks can be exchanged at a couple locations and Credit Card cash advances are available but both travelers checks and credit cards transactions are at a reduced exchange rate.
- Be sure your schedule at home and at work is flexible. There always is a chance of unforeseen delays due to weather, airlines or changes in your recovery time.
Go to Get a Quote